One of the most common questions we get is, “how are preserved roses made?”. And most people are amazed to learn that every single rose is real, natural, and imported from Ecuador- the best place in the world to cultivate roses.
When the bloom is at its best color and size, it is treated with a mix of glycerin and other non-toxic ingredients to preserve the blossom. As a result, our exclusive preserved rose designs stay fresh for up to one year, though you can keep them forever by following our expert suggestions below.
To keep them looking fresh and stunning as long as possible:
- Don’t water them. Even though these are real roses, water is not needed with the preservatives in place.
- Don’t leave them in direct sunlight or outside, as the vibrant color will start to fade and disperse.
- Leave them in their box. They are arranged there to stay, don’t displace them or move them into another container.
- Don’t refrigerate them. It will affect the chemical makeup of the flower and make them begin to wilt faster.
- Try not to touch them as much as possible. As they are real roses, the petals can crack from pressure and the oils on our hands.